American Translators Association （ATA）
ATA, founded in 1959, is the largest professional association of translators and interpreters in the U.S. with over 8,500 members in over 60 countries. ATA's primary goals include fostering and supporting the professional development of translators and interpreters and promoting the translation and interpreting professions.
Benefits of Membership
· a subscription to the Association's professional journal, The ATA Chronicle;
· job information through Chronicle advertisements and the Annual Conference Job Exchange;
· the opportunity for individual and corporate members to be listed online in the Translation Services Directories, ATA's online searchable database of translating & interpreting professionals;
· the benefits of joining and participating in any of ATA's 12 divisions;
· discounts on professional liability insurance specifically tailored for the translation and interpreting professions;
· discounts on disability and life insurance policies;
· discounts on overnight letter and express delivery services through UPS;
· the opportunity to participate in educational events at reduced member rates, such as the ATA Annual Conference and regional conferences;
· numerous networking opportunities through division listserves, website forums, and ATA events;
· the opportunity to participate in the ATA certification program;
· discounts on Dun & Bradstreet collections and receivables management services;
· a copy of the ATA Membership Directory, published annually;
· the opportunity to apply for a no-fee ATA MasterCard with the ATA logo;
· discounts on programs that allow you to accept payment for the professional services you offer by credit card; and
· the satisfaction of doing your part to promote the profession.
ATA membership is open to anyone with an interest in translation and interpreting as a profession or as a scholarly pursuit. All individual applicants are first accepted as Associate or Student members before gaining eligibility for Active or Corresponding membership.